Thursday night the Warhammer Community Team threw down a preview game between Adeptus Custodes and Thousand Sons. Yes, they gave a sneak peak of the new Codex for the Thousand Sons. I probably missed a lot, misremembered some more but this is what I picked up.
- Reroll 1s on the invulnerable saves is out. I didn’t catch what new aura we got.
- Legion Trait sounded like +6″ spell range (maybe just first cast spell per model or maybe all spells).
- Dark Matter Crystal (a relic) allows you to remove a unit close to the bearer from the board and redeploy the unit via deep strike.
- Dark Hereticus is still in and there are plenty of more spells.
- Aspiring Sorcerers can take other spells (unsure if you can take it on top of Smite or if you drop Smite).
- Glamour of Tzeentch spell gives one of your unit -1 to hit protection.
- Doombolt spell does some damage and reduces target units move.
- Temporal Manipulation is another spell but I have no idea of what it does.
- Infernal Gateway deals Mortal Wounds, like an area effect.
- Tzaangor Shaman is an elite choice and not HQ. The Shaman can reroll a Psychic test (probably the Elixir from AoS).
- Tzaangor Enlightened can take bows and shoot magical arrows that auto-wound on to hit rolls of 6+. Assault 1d3 shots.
- Lord of Forbidden Lore Warlord Trait give an additional spell.
- There is a stratagem that allows a unit to set up in the webway or something like that. Deep strike. Works on Tzaangors at least.
- Veterans of the Long War is still in!
- Mutalith Vortex Beast buffs nearby units. Like reroll charge rolls if you’re in the 6″ aura.
That’s what I got from the preview game. If I missed or misunderstood something let me know in the comments.
All is dust!