Last year was a year half-finished projects for me. I just couldn’t find the time to get stuff done. I’ve been so busy at times that prioritising the hobby … well, that wasn’t really to think about. But this year look slightly better. At least right now.
What I’m looking to do is finishing some of the projects that were left undone. This includes stuff like the Forgefiend Conversion from last summer, I want to finish it in time for our gaming weekender early spring so I got my work cut out right there. I need to finish writing the campaign too. I got the time line and most of the background penned down but I still need to wrap it all up.
- Forgefiend Conversion, build and paint
- Chaos Cataphractii Terminators, paint
- Raptors, paint
- DreadTober Helbrute, paint
- Slaughtersmith, paint
- Thousand Sons Rubricae Marines (with bolters), build and paint
- Thousand Sons Rubricae Marines (with flamers), paint
- Scarab Occult Terminators, buy, build and paint
- Thousand Sons Rhino, buy, build and paint
- Exalted Sorcerers, buy, build and paint
Age of Sigmar:
- Khorne Bloodbound from Storm of Sigmar, paint
- Old Blood on Carnosaur, paint
- Saurus Guard, paint
- Saurus Knights, paint
- Skink Starseer Conversion, build and paint
- Skeletons, paint
- Hexwraiths, paint
- Spirit Hosts, paint
- DIY Watchtower, build and paint
- DIY Trees, build and paint
I’m already seeing myself messing this up by losing interest and drifting off to new projects. You know, hobby butterfly-ism. I hope these lists will help me stay on target but I doubt it. I’ve actually started most of the things which should help me getting them done. I just haven’t posted any WIP posts of some of them.
If I complete 50 % I think I’ll consider this a success. Yeah, half would be a major success. There is just way too much painting on those lists. Being the worlds slowest painter doesn’t help.
A lot of things didn’t make the list, like the Iron Berzerkers and my almost finished Dark Eldar Wyches. There are a bunch of other stuff too. No, this year will be all about focusing and completing the mentioned stuff.
How about you, got any plans for 2017? Please drop a comment.